Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from individual piece parts, single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The individual will have primary responsibilities of performing all procurement activities related to Aftermarket programs from initial RFQ through product delivery. The individual will work in accordance with supply chain processes and protocols and help develop new ones where gaps are identified.
- Active member of Aftermarket Team representing SCM, placing orders for sourced components, and performing all internal coordination within SCM group
- Support development of sourcing strategies, prepare request for quotes (RFQ) and execute them in order to meet or exceed Supply Chain goals.
◦Negotiate best possible outcomes for price, quality, risk variables and ability to meet schedule through routine re-assessment of supplier performance/capabilities.
- Seek alternative sources & vendors to support Aftermarket’s Repair & Overhaul activities
- Maintain min/max levels to support Aftermarket’s Repair & Overhaul activities avoiding part shortage occurrences to the maximum extent possible
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
◦Coordinate efforts to establish successful long term agreements with critical suppliers.
- Develop, maintain, status schedule for all sourcing related tasks required to support the Aftermarket Team.
- Develop, maintain, status cost tracker spreadsheet in order to monitor cost reduction objectives.
- Support recurring internal/external meetings as required.
- Be primary commercial/contractual POC for Aftermarket supply base
- Participate in Make/Buy strategy meetings for Aftermarket.
- Monitors and drive supplier performance through KPI and relationship management.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Support and drive results for critical AOG situations.
Continuous Improvement Activities
- Active member of overall Aftermarket planning and purchasing process. Reviews and provides inputs to overall process
- Development of standard work templates and SCM specific processes to support Aftermarket programs (Ex: Sub-contracting RFQ’s, Make/Buy Guidance, etc)
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with aerospace industry and the understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex industries.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing major subcontracts/purchases.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven ability to maintain effective communication and work across several functions including Engineering, Operations, and Quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude.
- Self-starter and ability to learn quickly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook) and demonstrated ability to work in ERP systems (Preferably Epicor)
•U.S. Citizenship or US person in accordance with EAR/ITAR provisions with no need for future sponsorship from company