Amphenol DC Electronics, Inc. is a custom cable assembly and wire harness manufacturing company based in Silicon Valley, CA. We are a division of Amphenol, one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. As part of Amphenol’s elite Industrial Products Group, ADCE specializes in manufacturing sophisticated interconnects for demanding medical and industrial applications. Working in conjunction with our facility in Nogales, Mexico, ADCE has the capacity and competitive edge to meet the wire harness needs of high tech OEM’s throughout the world.
Works under close supervision; assembles cables, wire harnesses, and other electro-mechanical assemblies from component level parts.
This job entails the following duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be included.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide for effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at a minimum cost.
- Supports manufacturing processes throughout the production areas.
- Helps improve manufacturing methods.
- Provide support for tooling and production equipment allowing for the successful assembly, test, and inspection of all products produced by the Manufacturing Group.
- Build cable harnesses and create documents and provides support for all processes / procedures within the manufacturing areas, including the Inspection, Assembly, Test, and Packaging Areas.
- Responsible for setups and calibration check for all tools and equipment use through out production.
- Might help in time studies, motion, methods, and speed involved in Production, Packaging, and Test to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency.
- Responsible for the use of tools, test fixtures, test set-ups and will aid in setting levels of acceptance for each process step to Observe Assemblers using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards. Will help oversee the preventative maintenance of all Production processing equipment.
- Will create drawings needed for manufacturing Instructions and support drawings needed for Customer products.
- Create and or modify product and process documentation using Visio, AutoCAD or Mechanical Desktop software.
- Supports and maintain Bill Of Material for all customers and available for field service requested it.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
A.A or A.S or equivalent experience
AutoCAD and Solid works a plus
Cable manufacturing experience preferred
Strong basic math, reading, and communication skills
Must possess reasonable English skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, grip, handle, or feel
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
May be required to lift up to 25 pounds
Three to five years, emphasizing cable and subsystem manufacturing environment. Must be proficient with AutoCAD and Mechanical Desktop software.
Note: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Amphenol DC Electronics offers a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
It is the policy of Amphenol DC Electronics, to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability or prior arrest or conviction record.