Apex Systems is seeking a Software Developer to join our team for a software development project in Norfolk, VA with one of our large Government clients. Candidates must have experience with C++ and Linux.
If interested, please send your resume to Carolyn Query at email@example.com
Duties can include:
- Automate system administration functions and integrates middleware components for a Linux based Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment.
- Develop new functionality and maintains existing custom government off the shelf (GOTS) middleware using secure coding best practices for a Linux based Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment.
- Assist in identification of security vulnerabilities and remediates them with oversight. Adheres to applicable DoD STIGs (secure technical implantation guides) when developing software.
- Promote software development best practices and identifies specific areas for process improvement.
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative team oriented environment. Demonstrates initiative by identifying solutions for problems and influencing team members to implement them.
- Develop installation packages and creates upgrade paths for system updates.
- Apply a “system of systems” approach when performing systems engineering functions (such as creation of requirement and design documentation, or analysis of impacts to existing system functionality and interfaces for potential modifications).
- Provide deep level technical support for end users.
- Provide status of tasking to project leads and management.
- Responsible for creation of work proposals / technical documentation and other duties, which may include administering the resources required to execute projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD SECRET Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree from a U. S. Department of Education accredited college or university or possess current and relevant certifications (ex. VCP, RHEL, Microsoft)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification or higher (ex. CompTIA Security+, CASP, CISSP)
- 5+ years’ experience in similar or related role.
- Knowledge and ability to develop with the following development software tools: C, C++, C#, SQL, in multiple operating system environments (xNIX, Windows).
- Knowledge of the general concepts and technologies associated with computer science and software engineering. (Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, Configuration Management, Requirements, Design, Coding, Test, Automated Test, Database Design/Development, IA Best Practices and Coding for Secure Systems, Project Management, Implementation).
- Knowledge and ability to develop Linux and Windows based scripts (e.g. bash, sh, Perl, python).
- Demonstrable ability to perform critical thinking and complex problem solving.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with team members
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178