Nuclear Med Tech - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
PRN – as needed
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists physicians and performs quality Radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Work is stressful and heavy in nature. Moves Mobile X-ray equipment throughout hospital, lifts, turns and stoops while moving patients.
- Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation.
- Establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, collimates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size and labels radiographs correctly.
- Utilizes lead-blockers, aprons, gloves and cones during exposures as evidenced by films and noted by supervisor.
- Administers appropriate diagnostic contrast media as directed, i.e., intravenous, oral, rectal, etc.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks X-ray rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- Accepts responsibilities in darkroom, office, distribution and filing of X-ray reports as required by work demand.
- Is active in process improvement for the Radiology Department.
- The nuclear medicine technologist must perform numerous quality control procedures in accordance with standards set by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the State of Texas Office of Radiation Control.
- Performs and evaluates daily quality control floods on all gamma cameras to ensure that they meet standards set by manufacturers and takes appropriate action when out-of -range results occur.
- Has full knowledge of use of dos calibrator to assay prepared doses to ensure correct dosage to patients.
- Uses safe practices when injections of Radioisotope is used.
- Has responsibility of ordering appropriate radiopharmaceutical from the Nuclear Pharmacy.
- Demonstrates ability to use decontamination procedures in case of "spill" in accordance to NRC guidelines.
- Responsible for correct disposal of radioactive wastes in accordance with NRC guidelines.
- Accurately monitors the work area for radioactive contamination and documents daily.
- Performs daily QC on lab equipment and documents according to HRS standards.
- Verifies QC on all doses prior to injection to ensure tagging efficiency.
- Maintains dose dispersement records for administration of correct dose and dose disposal as required by HRS.
- Regularly reviews the requisitions received during the shift to schedule properly and most efficiently during the shift.
- Regularly reviews the status of arriving patients to utilize equipment and time to maximum.
- Exhibits flexibility and willingness to make changes to improve quantity and quality of procedures as observed by director.
- Accepts responsibility for supervising students as they rotate through assigned area.
What You Will Need:
- Two year Associate Degree.
- Registered CNMT or RT or registry eligible.
- Must have State of Texas license for Nuclear Medicine.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for performing all tasks related to the use of Radiopharmaceutical injections for diagnostic imaging.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.