The Nuclear Medicine Technologist administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients and then monitors the characteristics and functions of tissues or organs in which the drugs localize under the supervision and guidance of the Technical Supervisor and Nuclear Medicine Radiologist for Hoag Hospital and its affiliates (the “Organization”) The Nuclear Medicine Technologist displays and practices a work-style reflecting the mission, vision and values of the Imaging Center, as well as the Organization. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures, including the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control requirements, and preventive maintenance.
- Performs routine and advanced technical procedures under the supervision of the Technical Supervisor and the Nuclear Medicine Radiologist
- Performs quality PET studies.
- Performs all functions associated with CT Scanning, including contrast administration, prevention and recognition of contrast reactions, post processing and reconstruction of exam data.
- Position may require travel between various Organization locations.
- Position may require participation in department on-call program. On-call employees provide services on-site as needed within one (1) hour of being called to respond.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited nuclear medical program, licensed by the State of California (CTNM), and hold advanced certification in Nuclear Medicine from AART and/or NMTCB.
- BLS Certification required.
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum of three (3) years continuous NMT experience, preferably within an ambulatory and acute healthcare environment.
- Technologist performing PET studies must also hold advanced certificate in Computed Tomography from the AART.
Skills or Other Qualifications:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
- Record must be free of convictions for any crimes involving moral turpitude and must be free from excessive traffic violations. Hoag reserves the right to evaluate an applicant’s or employee’s driving record for fitness for the position.
- Excellent communication skills; customer focused; excellent attention to detail; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Proven excellent customer service skills, including the ability to progressively probe, analyze, identify root causes of problems, provide practical solutions, and negotiate resolutions.
- Solid computer technical skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and additional Organizational systems (Affinity, SMS, and PACS).
- Qualified bilingual or multilingual candidates.