Quality Temp Staffing is the leading medical registry for more than 30 years. QTS is composed of a dedicated staff devoted in providing medical professionals opportunities to extend their knowledge and further their careers. We match job seekers with fantastic healthcare facilities all throughout the LA County. You will be working with an award-winning team with an impressive record of accomplishment.
We are currently seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist within the Greater Los Angeles area. New grads are welcome to apply. (Note: Applicants must reflect requirements below in order to be considered for the position.)
- Conducts diagnostic and evaluative studies and provides therapies by utilizing the nuclear properties of radioactive and stable isotopes.
- Registers patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing consultation requests; checking for special instructions; consulting with the radiologist; entering anticipated services to patient log.
- Comforts patients and their families by answering questions; responding to requests; elaborates on pending/current procedure and nuclear medicine equipment.
- Treats patients by performing imaging and flow study procedures; operating radioscopic equipment to conduct tests; preparing and dispensing radiopharmaceuticals.
- Monitors patients during treatment by maintaining vital signs records; recognizing emergency patient conditions; initiating life-saving first aid; performing x-ray fluorescence scanning.
- Prepares reports by collecting, inputting, and retrieving study data on radiology management system.
- Maintains nuclear medicine equipment and supplies by cleaning equipment; troubleshooting problems; performing preventive maintenance; arranging for repairs; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking supply storeroom.
- Maintains quality results by following and enforcing radiation safety standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information to help physicians diagnose patient illnesses
- Gains patient cooperation
- Prepares patient for procedure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements
- Valid State of California Nuclear Medicine Technology (CNMT)
- Valid National Certification of Nuclear Medicine Technology (NMTCB)
- Valid State of California Venipuncture/IV Contrast License
- A minimum 2 years experience within the past 36 months performing Nuclear Medicine Studies
- CPR Card for Healthcare provider (AHA Approved Course)
- Current PPD/TB or Chest XR (Within past 12 months)
- MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B - Vaccination Records or Titers
- Health Clearance (Within past 12 months)
- Outstanding Salaries
- 401(k) Tax-Deferred Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Referral Bonuses
- Direct Deposit
- Unparalleled Personal Attention/24-hour Support
- Permanent Placement Options
- Daily - Full or Half Days
- Short Term / Long Term
- On Call or After Hours (Technologists)
- Temporary Positions
- Temporary to Permanent Positions