Performs nuclear medicine imaging and/or therapy in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
• Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
• Orders, prepares, administers, stores and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols and applicable regulations/standards. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
• Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
• Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
• Charges appropriately for all supplies used for procedures.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• RADIATION PROTECTION: Provides appropriate radiation protection for self and others during all imaging and therapeutic procedures.
• RADIOPHARMACEUTICAL UTILIZATION: Maintains, tests, and evaluates imaging equipment and/or supplies.
• PATIENT POSITIONING AND PROCEDURES: Performs imaging procedures on all anatomical areas of the body.
• IMAGE PRODUCTION, ANALYSIS AND ARCHIVAL: Applies appropriate imaging factors, conducts image analysis and utilizes archival techniques.
• PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE: Assesses and provides patient care prior to, during and/or after procedures; considering medical condition, age and diversity.
• ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• Accredited Program
• Nuclear Medicine
• ARRT - American Registry of Radiology Tech
• BLS Certification
• Certified Radiologic Technologist
Education equivalent experience:
• Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technologist program
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year of technologist experience in a hospital setting.
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 20.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 20.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 20.00%
• Standing 40.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
• Hazardous Medication 60.00%
• Latex 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Fire Risk 20.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
• Radiation 60.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 20.00%
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 89-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program, and more, to get patients “Back to Their MAX”
• Emergency Department
• Hospice Unit
• Laboratory Services
• Molecular Laboratory
• Podiatry Residency Program
• Surgical Services
• Women’s Imaging Center
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
• Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an “A” Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.