Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT)
Quality Temp Staffing has been a leader in medical staffing services since 1988. We're looking for indivuals who are interested in long-range career growth and have the strategic ability to plan for their professional future.
Quality Temp Staffing offers Significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is stimulating, challenging, and fun. You'll be working with an award-winning team with an impressive track record.
We are currently seeking a Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist in the greater Los Angeles Area.
Conducts diagnostic and evaluative studies and provides therapies by utilizing the nuclear properties of radioactive and stable isotopes.
- Registers patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing consultation requests; checking for special instructions; consulting with the radiologist; entering anticipated services to patient log.
- Comforts patients and their families by answering questions; responding to requests; explaining procedure and nuclear medicine equipment.
- Treats patients by performing imaging and flow study procedures; operating radioscopic equipment to conduct tests; preparing and dispensing radiopharmaceuticals.
- Monitors patients during treatment by maintaining vital sign records; recognizing emergency patient conditions; initiating life-saving first aid; performing x-ray fluorescence scanning.
- Prepares reports by collecting, inputting, and retrieving study data on radiology management system.
- Maintains nuclear medicine equipment and supplies by cleaning equipment; troubleshooting problems; performing preventive maintenance; arranging for repairs; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking supply storeroom
- Maintains quality results by following, and enforcing radiation safety standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information to help Physicians diagnose patient illnesses
- Gains patient cooperation
- Prepares patient for procedure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements
- Valid State of California Nuclear Medicine Technology (CNMT)
- Valid National Certification of Nuclear Medicine Technology (NMTCB)
- Valid State of California Venipuncture/IV Contrast License
- A minimum 6 months experience performing Nuclear Medicine Studies or volunteer work
- CPR Card for Healthcare provider (AHAApproved Course)
- Current PPD/TB or Chest XR (Within past 12 months)
- MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B - Vaccination Records or Titers
- Health Clearance (Within past 12 months)
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be FLEXIBLE
- Experience communicating regular status to clients, superiors, and peers
- Creates an integrated care environment that is efficient, safe, and effective
- Exhibits the ability to interact effectively with various types of people
- Performs medical tests and accurately interprets results
- Keeps training current in use of new medical technologies
- Committed to meeting quality standards
- Understands technology and can grasp challenging technical issues
- Has excellent attendance and completes quality work on time
- Outstanding Salaries
- 401(k) Tax-Deferred Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Referral Bonuses
- Direct Deposit
- Unparalleled Personal Attention/24-hour Support
- Permanent Placement Options
- Daily - Full or Half Days
- Short Term / Long Term
- On Call or After Hours (Technologists)
- Temporary Positions
- Temporary to Permanent Positions