Requisition ID: 51517
Job Function/Category: Operations
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Nuclear Shift Supervisor - HC Ops
- Provide direct oversight of Hope Creek plant operations including directing NCOs in plant operations, NEOs in field operations, procedure use and tagging
- Authorize maintenance and testing activities to ensure equipment status is maintained
- Implement Emergency Operating procedures and direct the required procedural steps to stabilize the plant following emergency or abnormal conditions
- Evaluate and respond to issues, findings, open items and requests originating internally and externally from the organization
- Oversee special projects determined by the Operations Director/Operations Managers
- Responsible for creating, revising, and reviewing Emergency Operating Procedures and Abnormal Operating Procedures to support safe, efficient, cost effective operation of the Hope Creek Nuclear Units
- Position is also responsible for reviewing design and license changes for procedure impact, performing 10CFR50.59 applicability reviews and Station Qualified Reviewer (SQR) reviews, and supporting outages and various special projects
- Off-hours, weekend and shift work is required
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technical area or equivalent education/experience
- Must be capable of qualifying for and obtaining SRO license at the Hope Creek Station
- Must obtain an acceptable score on the First Line Supervisor's Test (FLST) and meet the Nuclear Business Unit requirements for unescorted site access
- Qualified (or capable of becoming qualified) as a SQR and a Safety Evaluation preparer/reviewer/approver
The work associated with this position requires that the Company provide you with access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, to be eligible for this position you will be required to complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment:Nuclear, Engineer, Compliance, Nuclear Engineering, Recruiting, Energy, Engineering, Legal, Human Resources