Requisition ID: 54484
Job Function/Category: Power
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
The Nuclear Training Instructor (Engineering) will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate Engineering accredited training activities/programs by providing oversight/assessments and technical guidance to improve line and station performance and meet regulatory requirements
- Develop training materials, conduct, and present training
- Assist subject matter experts in the development of training and implementation of training materials
- Monitor TSD and accreditation renewal
- Manage training intranet and VISION database
- Assist line management in oversight of activities for qualifications
- Perform self assessments, benchmarking, and observations to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Partner with engineering line management to manage, govern and monitor the engineering training programs
- Support refuel outages as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ANSI/ANS 3.1-1981)
- 5 years of experience at a commercial nuclear power plant, naval nuclear propulsion plant or another similar industry and have knowledge commensurate with the position being sought (Engineering).
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Meet Nuclear's requirements for unescorted plant access
- BS Degree
- Prior classroom experience.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment:Training, Nuclear, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Compliance, Operations, Energy, Engineering, Legal