$1000 Sign-On Bonus!
This is a Full-Time position with benefits
CRISTA Shores at Silverdale
Evening Shifts: 2:00pm - 10:30pm on a rotating schedule
30 hours or more
Nursing Assistant Certification or Home Care Aide Certification required.
Loving God by serving people is CRISTA's mission and we are looking for an energetic and dynamic candidate who has a passion for seniors and wants an exceptional career/ministry opportunity serving as a Nursing Assistant (NAC / HCA) for our Assisted Living Center at CRISTA Shores.
The NAC/HCA will be primarily responsible for creating a living environment for each resident that maximizes their abilities, independence and quality of life. This position will oversee and assist residents in performing routine activities of daily living in order to accomplish the aforementioned, while following CRISTA’s policies and procedures. This position is an integral part of the Senior Living mission of providing joy and purpose to the lives of our residents.
CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has been a senior care provider for over 60 years. Located in Silverdale, CRISTA Shores offers Independent and Assisted Living. Come serve with us!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide personal care services which may include assistance with: bathing, dressing, managing incontinence, ambulation or transportation, cueing for meals and appointments, taking medications, making beds, emptying trash, etc.
- Recognize and report any changes in health and/or behavior of residents and any unsafe or environmental problems.
- Report for duty as scheduled and appropriately dressed, being flexible to fill in for fellow staff during emergencies or vacations, even in an area that is not their "regular" assignment.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding charting, documentation and reporting.
- Build personal relationships with residents and their families to ensure that care is based on personal preferences of the resident, while creating a home-like atmosphere of warmth and caring that meets the ongoing needs of the resident.
- Actively resolve problems involving other team care members as appropriate.
- Participate in monthly training meetings and other ongoing education opportunities to ensure that training requirements are met.
- Manage or redirect agitated or emotionally upset residents or family members.
- Make appropriate emergency and non-emergency judgments that ensure residents receive necessary services and/or care.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Christian Commitment: Must have a strong personal faith in Christ and demonstrate a Christian life-style that exemplifies personal integrity.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Licensure/Certification: Nursing Assistance Certified. Home Care Aide Certified.
- Other Considerations:
- Healthcare provider required to comply with the federal law (HIPAA) that addresses privacy and security of protected health information. HIPAA training required. This job has access to resident health information.
- Risk for exposure to infectious disease, substances, and odors throughout the work day.
- Ability to think quickly and make independent decisions.
- Subject to frequent interruptions, mental and emotional stress.
- Remain calm during emergencies and/or stressful situations.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Flexibility in duties and structure of day to help meet the needs of the residents.