Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Nurse Care Coordinator for Family Health Center and Behavioral Health services located Bloomington, IL
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Participate in all required staff development activities, including necessary trainings, supervision, and staff meetings.
- Provide care coordination services for patients, including the coordination of assessment and treatment information with patient’s primary care, behavioral care, specialty care, hospitals, emergency departments, psychiatry providers and other medical/behavioral providers working with the patient as well as with families, referrals sources, schools, and/or other professionals, with periodic guidance and oversight; and timely documentation of all activities in the patient record.
- Develop and foster professional working relationships with referral sources; conduct meetings with major providers and referral sources, as needed.
- Under the direction of CFHC providers (physicians and advanced practice nurses) communicate test results to patients/and or families.
- Follow-up with patients within 48 business hours of a prompt care visit, emergency department visit or hospitalization discharge.
- Work with patient both in person or over the phone to remind and review their plan of care and progress toward their goals.
- Manage referrals to insure patients have completed the initial visit as well as follow-up care as recommended by their referral agency.
- Participate in program development activities to improve services to patients and community, including making regular recommendations regarding the improvement of service with particular emphasis on audit studies and Quality Improvement. May include helping develop training protocols for new staff and/or participating in professional audits.
- Operate professionally within a multi-disciplinary team setting and provide clinical guidance to less experiences staff/interns; includes consistent modeling of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Chestnut Health Systems.
- Function as a team member by providing LPN support and back-up to nursing staff as necessary.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse, licensed in Illinois.
- High School diploma, nursing school certificate, and five (5) years’ post license experience in family practice, pediatrics, health center, behavioral health or other applicable medical setting required.
- Prior experience in care coordination or case management preferred.
- Must be skilled in providing care coordination for patients who have co-occurring primary care and behavioral health conditions.
- Knowledge of community medical/behavioral health resources and possess the interpersonal skills to help patients access resources, foster professional working relationships with staff from these resources and coordinate care across internal/external providers and organizations. Team-oriented and willing to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time-management, and organizational skills are required.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends as needed. Limited travel.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled