NURSE COORDINATOR II (NURSE MANAGER) – INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
LOCATION: PROVIDENT HOSPITAL
500 E 51st St.
CHICAGO, IL. 60615
The Nurse Coordinator II oversees all aspects of patient care and is accountable for the care of critically ill patients assigned to the critical care unit on a 24 hour/7day basis, by evaluating, directing, and supervising all activities of the nursing staff. The position has first line responsibility for clinical supervision, patient care, personnel management, budgeting, and quality service delivery for the assigned area. The Nurse Coordinator II acts as the day to day manager for all nursing staff of the unit.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing(BSN),from a school of nursingis required. (Must provide original college/university transcript at time of interview).
- Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Minimum of Five (5) yearsof nursing experience within an acute care setting.
- Minimum of Three (3)yearsof intensive care experience as a Nurse Supervisor and/or Nurse Manager.
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification obtained through the American Heart Association.(Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificationobtained through the American Heart Association.(Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Masters of Science in Nursing or other related health care field from an accredited college or university
- Seven (7) years of current nursing within an acute care setting
- Four (4) years of intensive care experience as a Nurse Supervisor and/or Nurse Manager
- Certification as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrates skill in staffing and the management of nursing personnel
- Demonstrates good judgment in the selection of new staff members using appropriate interview techniques
- Thorough knowledge of the job description and key requirements for each position on the unit; holds subordinates accountable for responsibilities inherent in their position, at all times
- Demonstrates understanding of the current requirements of accrediting agencies (Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteranmust:
·Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
·Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
·Attach a copy of theirDD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
·A copy of avalid State ID Card or Driver’s Licensewhich identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement for nursing-related programs
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
*Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER