Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
Centura Health is proud to invest in career development for incredible RNs by offering residency programs to new and experienced RNs!
Nurse Residency Program Spring 2020 Cohorts begin on February 24th, 2020. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible for priority consideration.
Please submit your application, cover letter, and resume for consideration, whether you are interested in the Newly Licensed Nurse Residency, ICU RN Residency, ED RN Residency, Perinatal RN Residency, Neonatal RN Residency, Oncology RN Residency, Cardiac Catheterization RN Residency and Perioperative RN Residency. In the application you will be asked a series of questions that will indicate what program you would like to pursue.
Nurse Residency Programs offered:
- Newly Licensed Nurse Residency
- The Newly Licensed Nurse Residency Program helps help newly graduated RNs transition from the classroom to thriving as a difference-maker while experiencing a fulfilling and rewarding career. This program Utilizes Vizient’s AACN evidence-based curriculum. This program is designed to support new nurses transition to practice, applicants must have received their licensure in the last 12 months and have had no previous acute care RN experience. Nursing students who are nearing graduation are encouraged to apply. All newly licensed nurses will automatically be enrolled in this program with an opportunity participate in a program of their choice below if selected.
- ICU RN Residency
- The Critical Care (ICU) Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into critical care practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
- ED RN Residency
- The Emergency Department Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into the emergency nursing care practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA).
- Perinatal RN Residency
- The Perinatal Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into perinatal practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
- Neonatal RN Residency
- The Neonatal Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into neonatal practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN).
- Oncology RN Residency
- The Oncology RN Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into oncology practice. The program is evidence based utilizing the Oncology Nurses Society Certification Core Curriculum. Learning methodologies comprise a 12-week blended mix of structured classroom time, self-learning modules, hands-on clinical experiences, guest speakers and real-life application exercises designed to support the nurse with the transition into independent practice.
- Cardiac Catheterization RN Residency
- The Cardiac Catheterization Lab/EP Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses and techs into the Cardiac Cath lab and EP environments utilizing a blended learning program called Cath Lab Academy and EP Academy. This program consists of real-world context and active learning incorporating 12 weeks of structured clinical orientation with integration into practice and an ongoing mentoring program throughout the first year of practice.”
- Perioperative RN Residency
- The Perioperative Residency Program optimizes the integration of new and experienced nurses into perioperative practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN). This comprehensive, didactic program utilizes classroom training, skills labs, clinical practice, preceptorship and mentoring, and online modules to prepare nurses for practice in a perioperative setting. The program consists of 10 weeks of structured didactic and clinical orientation, a unit orientation lasting approximately 6 months, and ongoing mentorship throughout the first year of practice.
- PACU RN Residency
The Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Residency Program optimizes the integration of experienced nurses into the Perioperative nursing care practice utilizing a blended learning program which is evidence based through the American Society of Peri-Anesthesia Nurses (ASPAN). Blended education styles help incorporate critical thinking, hands-on practice-based learning with clinical training and evidence-based practice in the PACU setting across a 12-week structured clinical orientation and ongoing mentorship throughout the first year of practice.
For more information regarding the application process and FAQ’s please visit: https://www.centura.org/nurseresidency.
- Positions are full-time and benefits eligible
- No contract obligation
- Combination of days, evenings, nights and weekends/holidays may be required
- Due to the pre-planned curriculum, time off requests during the first 12 weeks may not be approved
Centura Health locations:
Avista Adventist Hospital (Louisville, CO)Bob Wilson Memorial Hospital (Ulysses, KS)Castle Rock Adventist Hospital (Castle Rock, CO)Littleton Adventist Hospital (Littleton, CO)Longmont United Hospital (Longmont, CO)Mercy Regional Medical Center (Durango, CO)OrthoColorado Hospital (Lakewood, CO)Parker Adventist Hospital (Parker, CO)Penrose Hospital (Colorado Springs, CO)Porter Adventist Hospital (Denver, CO)St Anthony Hospital (Lakewood, CO)St Anthony North Hospital (Westminster, CO)St Anthony Summit Medical Center (Frisco, CO)St Catherine Hospital (Garden City, KS)St Francis Medical Center (Colorado Springs, CO)St Mary Corwin Medical Center (Pueblo, CO)St Thomas More Hospital (Canon City, CO)
A new hire’s location will be based on preference, number of openings and offer.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
What You Bring/Job Requirements:
- Graduate of a School of Nursing
- Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
- RN License required at least 2 weeks prior to cohort start date of 10/28/2019 for Newly Licensed RNs OR
- Current state nursing licenses or RN license from a participating state in the National Licensure Compact
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- RNs with prior acute care experience are not eligible for the Newly Licensed Nurse Residency Program
Physical Requirements: Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.