Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center MMC provides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- inpatient and outpatient surgery
- specialty services in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep disorders and physical therapy
- a Level II Trauma Center
Memorial Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center and STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center.
MMC is part of Sutter Health, one of the nation’s top five large health systems thanks to its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers—more than 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health’s not-for-profit mission, these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal. From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and home services, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people in their care—nearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse and innovative regions in the world.
The RN Department Manager functions within the full scope of licensure and facilitates the nursing process to include the following:assessment of patient/family and staff needs; development of a plan of care based on this assessment; coordination and direct implementation of care plan for a group of patients and the review and evaluation of effectiveness of care plan.
The RN Department Manager assumes responsibility for the operation of a designated patient care unit on a twenty-four hour, seven day per week basis.The Manager assures the components of the MMC mission and objectives of the department are carried out in the daily operations of the unit.
The RN Department Manager is accountable for the monitoring and analysis of the unit's financial performance.The Manager plans, organizes, directs, controls, evaluates, monitors, budgets and communicates to effectively provide highest achievable professional standards.
- Current California Registered Nurse License upon hire required
- Baccalaureate Degree in Health Care or related field with five (5) years current clinicalexperience in area of concentration
Associate Degree in Health Care or related field with ten (10) years current clinical experience in the area of concentration.
- National Certification in area of Specialty, if available.
- Experience in a position in which demonstrated managerial and leadership qualitiesis required of all education levels.
- Must work a minimum of 80 variable hours per pay period.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of nursing process, performance improvement, budget and accounting, management of human resources, age specific competency, patient rights and organizational rights, environment of care including regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Master's degree in Health Care or related field with two(2) years current clinical experience in the area of concentration
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement