In collaboration with the Operations Director of the Heart and Vascular Institute (“HVI”), the Nurse Manager, HVI Catheterization/ Interventional Radiology Laboratory will administer the daily operations of the Heart Catheterization/Interventional Radiology Lab, ensuring continuity of care, coordination, and oversight of HVI/IR’s population for Hoag Hospital and its affiliates (the “Organization”), by managing employee staffing and performance, physician scheduling, development and implementation of policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements, interdepartmental cooperation, and patient satisfaction. The Manager, HVI Catheterization/Interventional Radiology Laboratory will oversee all Cardiac Catheterization Interventional Radiology Laboratories, Cardiovascular/IR Holding Rooms, and other attendant functions of the HVI Heart Catheterization/Interventional Radiology Laboratory team.
The Nurse Manager, HVI Cardiovascular Catheterization/Interventional Radiology Laboratory will project an image of the highest level of professionalism in communication, appearance, and conduct in serving the Organization. The Nurse Manager, will support the mission of Administration throughout the Organization, participating in the continuous quality improvement process while maintaining a working knowledge of Cardiac/Interventional Radiology Administration standard operating procedures, including the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control requirements, and preventative maintenance.
The Nurse Manager will also provide direct patient care in the Cardiac Catheterization/Interventional Radiology Laboratories and Holding Room and will remain proficient in those functions. All Cardiac Catheterization/Interventional Radiology Laboratories nurses, lead technicians, and supervisors will report to the Manager, HVI Catheterization/Interventional Radiology Laboratory.
The Nurse Manager, HVI Cardiovascular Catheterization Interventional Radiology Laboratory will organize and direct the work of the Hoag Hospital Irvine Radiology nursing team and nursing support staff. The Manager will ensure that effective nursing services are provided, and quality standards are met within and outside the Radiology Department. Involving, but not limited to, general Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Ultrasound, Vascular Access Services, Computed Tomography, and Nuclear Medicine.
The Nurse Manager, HVI Cardiovascular Catheterization Interventional Radiology Laboratory will assume full responsibility for all radiology nursing operations at HHI, including keeping productivity within defined targets.
- Participates in developing, planning, and implementing HVI/IR’s objectives, goals and business strategies to profitably build revenue Organization-wide. Aligning Catheterization Laboratory service line activities with the Organization's long-term strategy. Monitoring and evaluating Catheterization Interventional Radiology Laboratory’s performance and recommending and executing appropriate changes in plans to achieve optimal results.
- Strategically organizes, prioritizes, and manages HVI/IR and Organizational initiatives and resources to effectively ensure the needs of patients are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Develops, builds, and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and Organizational management.
- Manages relationships with physicians to find new sources of programs/services revenue and consulting opportunities with physicians on business opportunities, as well as practice growth and development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental budgets.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures to accomplish department-specific and Organizational initiatives.
- Directly influence day to day operations in all departments utilizing procedures to promote and maintain quality service and positive patient outcomes.
- Attend Nursing Leadership meetings and communicate initiatives with staff.
- Ensure high quality patient care is delivered throughout all imaging modalities enterprise wide using ARIN Nursing Standards of Care.
- Is professionally proactive in promoting changes, generating ideas and problem solving.
- Actively participates in ongoing activities to promote a climate of continual survey readiness.
- Conduct performance evaluations and implement corrective action as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison/resource to all areas of the organization, establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and resolve issues/conflicts with little to no impact on the department and prioritize fluctuating workload and timelines to meet the demands of the position.
- Clinical Care: Ensures quality patient care is delivered to all patients on a 24-hour basis, and the department is maintained in accordance with professional and regulatory standards and the philosophy and goals of the Organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of California
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum two (2) years Cardiovascular Clinic experience, preferably within an acute healthcare system environment.
- Minimum two (2) years Cardiac program management experience, preferably within an acute care setting.
- Excellent communication skills; customer focused; excellent attention to detail; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Proven excellent customer service skills, including the ability to progressively probe, analyze, identify root causes of problems, provide practical solutions, and negotiate resolutions.
- Solid computer technical skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability to make independent business decisions, considering both the impact to client satisfaction and overall financial ramifications for the Organization.
- Rapid decision making and collaboration skills to provide continuity/consistency for daily schedule administration.
- Master’s degree in health care administration or related health-care field.