Welcome to St. John’s Regional Medical Center.
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach and more. Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering humankindness, one person at time.
Telemetry "Tele" DOU "Definitive Observation" "Nurse Leader" "Nursing Leadership" "RN" "Registered Nurse"
ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Manages the resources and daily activities of a nursing department while ensuring environmental factors support high standards of patient care. Assists in the training and development of new and existing staff members. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to learning transfer. Coordinates the activities of the unit for each shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff. Provides patient care as needed. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Schedules nursing staff to specific shifts, taking into account past utilization trends. Measures employee performance. Assists in the training of new staff members and the development of existing staff members.
- Coordinates the activities of the unit during a particular shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent education and experience. Magnet Hospital: BSN required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience and one (1) year of leadership experience.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic Life Support (BLS), other credentials or credential modules may be required.