Havenwyck Hospital is a 243 bed, Joint Commission accredited and licensed psychiatric and substance abuse facility. We specializing in providing behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and are located in Auburn Hills overlooking Lake Galloway. For more information, please visit our website at havenwyckhospital.com.
Mission Statement: To provide individualized, quality behavioral health care, in a safe and secure environment where dignity and respect are upheld by our team of dedicated, caring, professional staff, in a cost-effective manner.
- Challenging and rewarding, team-based work environment
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
Havenwyck Hospital is part of one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
What do our current Nurse Managers (RN) value at UHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Nurse Manager (RN) is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for leadership development as a Nurse Manager (RN) with UHS. Supportive and responsive leadership. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Havenwyck Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Nurse Manager to join our team of compassionate, dedicated professionals.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the 24 hour per day, 7 days per week operations of the acute inpatient units and the partial day hospital programs
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assumes responsibility in cooperation with the Chief Nursing Officer for the administration of the nursing services delivered to patients within the programs.
- Maintains clinical staffing patterns for the programs which address continuity of care and acuity.
- Assists in interviewing prospective new staff and evaluating current clinical staff.
- Supports and participates in an environment conducive to professional growth.
- Investigates unusual incidents and complaints from patients, personnel and other departments and reports to the CNO.
- Responsible for maintaining a therapeutic milieu and assuring that unit staff maintain patient rights, the nursing process, safety, and patient participation in their own care.
- Takes calls after hours for unit issues.
- Manages the clinical orientation of new staff nurses and the integration of professional staff.
- Evaluates staff on an ongoing basis providing feedback and disciplinary action when needed.
- Associate degree in nursing required from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- One year of supervisor or Charge RN experience required.
- Three years of experience in a behavioral health setting preferred.
- A valid RN license in the State of Michigan.
- Current certification in Non-violent Crisis Intervention preferred.
- Current certification in BLS/CPR required.
- Employee must be in good standing (employment/corrective action history, performance evaluation, ect.) to be considered for internal transfer.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to “UHS or UHS facilities” on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms “we,” “us,” “our” or “the company” in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via- email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.