DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, it has been nationally recognized by, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Why join the Methodist Hospital team?
- Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
- Most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
- Ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader’s Choice Awards from 2009-2013.
- Texas Award for Performance Excellence.
- Member of the Sarah Cannon Network of Excellence, committed to advancing science and transforming cancer care.
- First and only hospital in San Antonio with an International Services program.
- Houses San Antonio’s largest hyperbaric chamber.
- Interesting fact: World’s first “nuclear disaster proof” hospital.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitate, coordinate and delegate the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred, Master’s degree highly preferred.
• At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience.
• 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Evidence of continued professional development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
Minimum License Required:
Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.