At Alliance Oncology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Our commitment to patient care and excellence are reasons Alliance Oncology is a national leader in radiation oncology. It’s also the reason why Alliance is the partner of choice for hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers to whom we offer the latest oncology technologies and care.
AUSTIN CYBERKNIFE - NURSE NAVIGATOR
The Nurse Navigator guides patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers and tracking interventions and outcome. Promotes a positive teamwork environment which emphasizes respect to all customers, including patients, families, physicians, staff and other departments.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitates the entry of patients into the diagnostic and/or treatment system and coordinates their care including family involvement. Follows the patients throughout the continuum of health care services across multiple departments acting within their scope of practice.
- Implements risk assessments and healthcare pathways for cancer patients, based upon the clinical staging of the patient. Evaluates progress of patients along the continuum and is responsible for professional and personal modifications as directed by the healthcare team as appropriate.
- Develops relationships with all oncology providers including but not limited to: medical oncologists, radiologist, general surgeon, surgical oncologist, radiation oncologist, pathologist, plastic surgeon, primary care physician, hospital departments and team members. Serves as a liaison between the patient, hospital departments, team members and the providers.
- Comprehensively assess the patient’s physical and psychological status.
- Provides approved patient education across the continuum of care and provides symptom management. Provides test results, as directed by physicians.
- Provides access to community resources and links patients to support services such as: social services, nutrition services, psychologist, pastoral care, physical therapy, rehabilitation therapy, financial counseling, etc.
- Assists with data management and entry for tracking quality metrics for diagnosing and treating all cancers promptly and effectively.
- Develop and implement approved work flow processes for the center that will serve in delivering high quality care to patients within the community.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; Certificate from College or Technical School preferred.
- Current RN State License required.
- CPR Certification required.
- Certification from the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years oncology nursing experience required.
- EHR experience required.
- Excellent clinical skillset.
- Customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer skills required.
- Local travel may be required.
- Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity such as walking in and out of the examination rooms and other areas all day. May be exposed to blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
- More than 50% of the time:
- Sit, stand, walk.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- See, speak and hear to be able to communicate with patients.
- Less than 50% of the time:
- Stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Climb and balance.
- Carry and lift (ability to move non-ambulatory patients from a sitting or lying position for transfer or to exam).
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services, we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.