Nurse Occupational Health - 00020715
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Occupational Health Nurse within our Occupational Health Department based in Midland, TX.
This position will provide leadership and support in Midland, TX and throughout the Permian Basin on the management and evaluation of policies and programs that address employee health and wellness. Area of responsibility includes Midland, TX and all field locations in the Permian Basin.
Essential Job Duties
HR (Short Term Disability, Return to Work and Pre-Hire Screenings)
- Works closely with Occupational Health Manager to support business objectives.
- Provide support for disability management, drug testing programs, onboarding assimilation of new hires, and business continuance in Midland and the Permian Basin.
- Physical Exam Administration: age-based rotational worker examination program; return to work exam and fitness-for-duty evaluations for employees in Midland and the Permian Basin.
- Medical review of pre-employment examinations.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with clinics in Midland, TX and the Permian Basin to provide testing services for Oxy employees as needed.
- Provide support for acquisitions as needed.
HES (Social Responsibility, Floor Wardens; Regulatory, Drug Testing)
- Works with multi-disciplinary HR and Health, Environment Safety (HES) teams to provide appropriate technical occupational health support to safeguard company personnel, contractors, assets, surrounding communities and the environment.
- Participates in on-site audits.
- Site–specific safety and environmental evaluations.
- Assess, support, develop and/or build safety and wellness processes efforts in Midland and the Permian Basin.
Wellness Support (Midland and Permian Basin Area)
- Supports the OxyHealth (Wellness) team with coordinating wellness events and education including onsite biometric screenings, flu shots, step challenges, etc. in Midland and throughout the Permian Basin.
- Provide first aid and health counseling for employees and first response urgent care in the event of an emergency.
- Bachelor's Degree of Science in Nursing
- 5+ years of Occupational Health practice, preferably with a company that has both sedentary and non-sedentary positions
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse- Specialist (COHN/S) certification
- Fully unencumbered registered nursing license in the State of Texas, preferably a compact license or willing to obtain.
- Strong understanding of OSHA and HIPAA guidelines
- Proficiency in MS Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize and make quality decisions in a timely manner
- Able to lift 10 lbs
- Able to travel 25% of the time, including driving to rural locations in the Permian Basin
- Case Management certification.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran