Part-time ( A2)
Related course work is required
MAJOR FUNCTION: To provide, diagnostic, therapeutic, and assessment services to clients and companies. Will manage acute and chronic conditions, provide education and disease prevention, and participate in community health promotion.
A. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and completed masters or postgraduate certificate nurse practitioners program.
B. Experience: High quality of nursing competence and advanced leadership skills. Prior computer experience required with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
C. Certification/Licensure:Current RN and APN License with NJ State Board of Nursing required. Current DEA License preferred. Certified by nationally recognized nurse practitioner organization. National certification in Occupational Health related field preferred. BLS required. ACLS required. NRCME required.
14. Performs a physical examination based on age and history.
- Obtains a relevant health and medical history
- Conducts preventive screening procedures based on age and history.
- Identifies medical and health risks and needs.
- Updates and records change in health status.
- Identifies needs of the individual, family or community as a result of the evaluation of the collected data.
15. Formulates the appropriate differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Priorities are established and a mutually acceptable plan of care is devised to maximize the health potential of the individual, family, or community.
- Making appropriate referrals to other health professionals and community agencies.
16. Providing relevant patient education
- Consistent with the teaching and learning opportunities
17. Prescribing non – pharmacological therapies and Pharmacological agents appropriately
18. Accurately conducting and interpreting diagnostic Tests.
19. Patient and Family Education.
- The Nurse Practitioner provides educational opportunities for the individual and family related to health status, utilizing additional resources when indicated.
- The NP facilitates client participation in medical and health care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices about the following:
- Promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health
- Seeking and utilizing appropriate health care resources
- The nurse practitioner's clinical expertise and therapeutic relationship influence the individual's achievement of optimal health potential with the individual and/or family. Upon entering into the health care system, the NP facilitates appropriate utilization of the system and encourages appropriate follow up care.
20. Interdisciplinary/Collaborative Responsibilities
- The NP participates a team member in the provision of medical and health care, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care.
21. Accurate Documentation of Client Status and Care.
- The NP maintains accurate legible and confidential records.
22. Responsibility as Client Advocate.
- The NP interprets the role of the NP to individuals, families, and other health professionals.
- As an advocate, the NP participates in health policy activities at the local, state, and national levels.
23. Quality Assurance.
- Nurse Practitioners recognize the importance of self directed continued learning including:
- Participation in quality assurance reviews on a periodic basis, including systematic review of records and treatment plans.
- Maintenance of current knowledge by attending educational programs.
- Maintenance of certification in compliance with current state law.