Locations: New York, NewYork
Categories: Nursing –Advanced Practice/ Nurse Practitioner/ CRNA
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
Ensures delivery ofcomprehensive health care in accordance with the philosophy, standard ofpractice, objectives and policies of the department
- Responsible for diagnosis and treatment of common and chronicillness focusing on health promotion and disease prevention activitiesincluding patient education and counseling
- Responsible for overseeing Heart Failure program and works as part of Peripheral program team.
- Conducts health assessment interview
- Performs complete physical assessment
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Develops plan of care based on the diagnosis and individual clientneeds
- Prescribes medications and treatments as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and makesreferrals to other disciplines as indicated
- Records, reports and interprets the client’s responses to the planof care
- Teaches, counsels, and assists individuals and families to assumeresponsibility for prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance andrestoration of health
- Collaborates with other members of the team in the provision ofregular health screening and other health promotion measures
- Identifies available community resources helpful to clients,refers and assists clients in utilizing such resources
- Makes home/hospital visits to clients and/or takes call asappropriate
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care,based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria,appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
- Bachelor’sdegree and Master’s degree in Nursing required. Graduate of an accredited NursePractitioner program.
- At leasttwo years of nursing experience in related clinical specialty, ideally Heart Failure
- NursePractitioner experience of a least one year preferred.
- Licensedby New York State as a Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Practitioner
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September 2013,The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School ofMedicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including MountSinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital,Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), MountSinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect forindividual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feelvalued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-New York