WOMEN’S CARE OF ALASKA, is a successful OBGYN practice in Anchorage, with 3 physicians and 2 Nurse Practitioners, seeking to add 2 more full-time Nurse Practitioners, to our provider group. Our Women’s Healthcare practice has been steadily growing since opening our doors in 1994, and we are now a leader in robotics and minimally-invasive surgery, as well as infertility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current State of Alaska, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure in good standing
- The absence of any malpractice claims, or disciplinary action, in the last 7 years
- Minimum 2 years private practice experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Minimum 2 years fertility management experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Board Certification with the AANP, in good standing
- Annual exams, including pap smears and other health screenings, and well woman care
- Birth control and family planning, including IUDs and Nexplanon
- Prenatal and postnatal care for normal pregnancies
- Care during perimenopause and menopause
- Management of sexually transmitted diseases
- Must be comfortable with diagnostic reasoning and pharmacology
- Education about women’s health issues
- Advanced health and clinical assessment
- Independently develop plans of care utilizing advanced assessment, knowledge, skills, teaching, and critical thinking to optimize patient outcomes, within the scope of practice
- Consult and collaborate with physicians and nurse practitioners on staff, as appropriate, to enhance patient outcomes across the continuum of care. Counsel and educate patients, families and health care team members, providing care in accordance with the established policies, procedures and protocols of Women’s Care of Alaska
- Administrative responsibilities include comprehensive chart documentation in the EHR, keeping and maintaining appropriate and timely records relating to all professional services rendered, daily task lists, and charges/orders for each patient, following completion of their visit.
Women’s Care of Alaska offers a competitive, professional salary and benefits package, that includes annual Vacation, PTO accrual and rollover, annual CME allowance, medical insurance with employer-contributed HSA, 401(K), malpractice coverage, LTD, and Costco membership. In addition, we offer a hardworking and supportive staff, with a very low turnover rate, who work strongly with all of our providers, to ensure long-standing and successful, professional relationships.