Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists - increasing collaboration and care coordination - all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology. The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac care, offering heart disease prevention, treatment, surgery, and research.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut Dr. Squitieri, Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery, has been voted a “top physician” in the state of Connecticut for the last 12 years by his peers, hospitals and healthcare executives as noted in the Connecticut Magazine. He is also voted as a highly rated physician in Health Grades, Vitals and Web MD Docs. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. St. Vincent’s Medical Center was the first institution in the state to pioneer endovascular vein harvesting.
- Provide care for Cardiothoracic patients in the pre and post op phases, including ICU and step-down unit management
- Cases include aortic valve repair, mitral valve repair, mitral clip, root, and interventional
- Responsible for procedures such as chest tube insertion, IABP removal, insertion of arterial lines and central lines
- First assist in the OR for physician assistants
- Schedule : Full Time (40 hours) – Rotating Schedule (Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays), In house call
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- A community hospital setting with the support and resources of the Hartford HealthCare system
- Comprehensive training through the HHC Heart and Vascular Institute
- A supportive, family like, team environment providing collaborative mentorship
- Competitive Compensation
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Quarterly medical staff meetings with other specialties allowing you to continually network with other providers
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- National certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner required
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the state of Connecticut
- Acute Care Board certification required for Nurse Practitioners
- 2+ years’ experience in cardiovascular surgery preferred but not required
- First assistant experience, including endoscopic vein harvesting skills preferred
- EVH experience preferred
- NCCPA certification required
- ACLS/BLS certification required
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.