Work where every moment matters
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Ayer Neuroscience Institute
More than fifty million Americans will experience a disorder of the brain or nervous system this year. Common disorders include stroke, brain tumors, memory disorders, sleep disorders, movement disorders, chronic headaches, spinal cord injuries, severe back and neck pain, seizures, and Parkinson’s disease. The Neuroscience Center offers a unique integration between neurology, neuroscience and neurosurgery, to give patients a comprehensive approach to treating and/or managing their symptoms and living a healthier, more balanced life. We offer an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to care, coupled with state-of-the-art technology and techniques that enable you to provide every patient the best possible outcome.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The Neurology APRN/PA will practice within inpatient and outpatient settings at St. Vincent’s Medical Center. Responsibilities include:
• Provide clinical care to the Hospital’s patient population (including but not limited to assessment, treatment, and management of care) and assure continuity of care for those patients
• Provide consultations and admissions within neurology
• Provide neurology services in the outpatient department including office visits
• Additional responsibilities include managing patients, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic results, managing medications, dictation of clinic notes, patient/family education, and attending multidisciplinary meetings.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
• A collegial setting that is education focused
• Continual on-going education and development through the Ayer Neuroscience Institute
• State of the art clinical and informatics technology that allows more patient time
• Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans.
• Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice.
• Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
• Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
• Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
• Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
• Neurology experience highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.