Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Ayer Neuroscience Institute
More than fifty million Americans will experience a disorder of the brain or nervous system this year. Common disorders include stroke, brain tumors, memory disorders, sleep disorders, movement disorders, chronic headaches, spinal cord injuries, severe back and neck pain, seizures, and Parkinson’s disease. The Neuroscience Center offers a unique integration between neurology, neuroscience and neurosurgery, to give patients a comprehensive approach to treating and/or managing their symptoms and living a healthier, more balanced life. We offer an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to care, coupled with state-of-the-art technology and techniques that enable you to provide every patient the best possible outcome.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
• The Advanced Practice (AP) providers are part of a multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care for stroke and other complex disorders affecting blood supply to the brain and spinal cord, including brain aneurysms, carotid artery disease, cervical artery dissection and vascular malformations under the direction of the attending physicians and other consultants within either inpatient or outpatient settings at St. Vincent’s Medical Center.
• Responsibilities include managing multiple patients with stroke and TIA, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic results, managing medications, dictation of clinic notes, patient/family education, clinical partnering with technicians, nursing and therapy colleagues, attending multidisciplinary meetings.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
• A collaborative model of care with the neurology attending physician, rehabilitation, nurses, and other members of the health care team.
• Extensive onboarding allowing the AP Provider to train throughout the entire continuum of stroke care.
• Training is provided to the AP provider for skills such as management of medications, neuroradiology, condition specific physical examination, and treatment plans.
• Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans.
• Generous Paid-Time Off.
• Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice.
• State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
• Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred.
• Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut.
• Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
• Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner preferred.
• Neurology or stroke experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.