Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare is Connecticut’s most comprehensive, integrated health care system, affiliated with six of the region's top hospitals including Hartford Hospital, the largest stroke center in New England and a major tertiary care academic medical center.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The neuroscience team is committed to creating an innovative patient centered delivery system that continuously improves quality care. The Advanced Practice (AP) providers are part of a multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care for this complex population under the direction of the attending stroke neurologist and other consultants.
The Neurology AP provides direct clinical management of stroke and TIA patients in the inpatient setting at Hartford Hospital. Collaborative model of care with the neurology attending physician, rehabilitation, nurses, and other members of the health care team. Training is provided to the AP provider for skills such as management of medications, neuroradiology, condition specific physical examination and treatment plans.
Responsibilities include: managing multiple patients with stroke and TIA, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic results, managing medications, dictation of clinic notes, patient/family education, clinical partnering with technicians, nursing and therapy colleagues, attending multidisciplinary meetings.
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC
- Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner preferred
- Neurology or stroke experience preferred
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.