Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare is seeking a full-time Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join St. Vincent’s Urgent Care Walk-In Centers, which are conveniently located throughout western Connecticut.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The Advanced Practitioner practices in an ambulatory urgent care outpatient setting providing primarily occupational health, and also urgent care. Under established guidelines and in collaboration with the practice physician(s), performs routine physical examinations, DOT physicals, and formulates medical, educational, and psychosocial plans to treat patient. In consultation with the physician(s), develops plan for further evaluation of health needs, e.g., referral to other health team members or specialists. Provides appropriate treatment for problems within scope of a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA) practice as designated by protocols. Identifies problems outside of Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA) scope of practice and refers appropriately to physician.
Scheduling and Practice Locations
- Full-time 3 shifts per week - 32 hours with benefits
- Rotating schedule during the clinic hours of Mondays – Fridays, 8:00AM – 8:00PM, Saturdays – Sundays 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Every other weekend scheduling
- Practice locations will include:
- 1055 Post Road, Fairfield, CT
- 401 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe, CT
- 15 Armstrong Road, Shelton, CT
- 3272 Main Street Stratford, CT
- 900 White Plains Road, Trumbull, CT
Hartford HealthCare Advanced Practitioners Enjoy:
- No call!
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
Urgent Care Advanced Practitioner Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) required
- One year of experience practicing within urgent care, emergency medicine, or similar setting is required
- Urgent care or occupational health experience is highly preferred
- Training and experience treating patients of all ages; birth through geriatrics
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.