Primary Location : Connecticut-Hartford-79 Jefferson St HH Bliss Wing (10064)
Job : Critical Care
Organization : Hartford Hospital
Job Posting : Sep 26, 2019
Nurse Practitioner (APRN) / PA - Cardiac Surgery CCU - ( 19153081 )
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.Hartford Hospital
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital.Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Role Scope
The Cardiac Surgery Service is a 16-bed Cardiothoracic ICU and 9 Bed Stepdown Unit that cares primarily for cardiac surgery patients, including heart transplants and other critically ill patients as service needs dictate. These patients may require multiple technologies or advanced life support including: continuous veno-venous hemofiltration (CVVH), intra aortic balloon pump (IABP), ventricular assist devices (VAD), temporary pacing, nitric oxide (NO), and multiple vasoactive drug therapies. The patient population may require advanced technologies or advanced life support including: hemodynamic monitoring, ventricular assist devices (VAD), or temporary pacing.
Responsibilities include managing multiple patients with varied critical illness, comprehensive physical assessments, interpretation of diagnostic results, hemodynamic/ventilator management, daily progress notes, patient/family education and meetings. Extensive training and supervision is provided to the AP provider for skills such as arterial lines, central lines, chest tubes, feeding tubes, and removal of pacer wires.
The Advanced Practice providers are part of a multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care of patients under the direction of the attending cardiac surgeons in collaboration with the cardiologists, consultants and/ or a primary teams. The Cardiac Surgery Service is committed to creating an innovative and patient centered delivery system that continuously improves quality care.
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner RequirementsWe take great care of careers.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Acute Care Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant, or National Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner through a national board certification.
- Cardiac Surgery experience strongly preferred
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Standard Hours Per Week : 27
Schedule : Part-time (2 - 39 hours)
Shift Details : Rotate day/night weekday/weekends