Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. This physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties. Hartford Hospital, an affiliate of Hartford HealthCare, is the second largest surgical hospital in New England with 40 ORs, 5 robots, and over 30,000 operations per year.Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Role Scope
Provides holistic, quality and cost-effective advanced practice care for patients, families, and care partners. Engages in decision-making regarding the health care of individuals, families and care partners across the lifespan and across the health care continuum. Provides assistive information and arranges connections to resources and support as needed by patient, families and care partners. Reports to the Medical and Administrative Directors.
The APP will work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide diagnostic and follow-up care. APP will have substantial role in medication management and monitoring ongoing, multidisciplinary treatment plan. Additional responsibilities will include administrative and clinical support, including maintaining the electronic medical record, vacation coverage for peers, responding to patient communications, and refilling prescriptions.About the Hartford HealthCare Ayer Neuroscience Institute
Hartford HealthCare is Connecticut’s most comprehensive health care network, including a tertiary-care teaching hospital and level one trauma center, five community-based acute-care hospitals, an extensive behavioral health network, large multi-specialty physician group, regional home care system, an array of senior care services, and a vast rehabilitation network. The Ayer Neuroscience Institute brings together a highly specialized and dedicated team with the skills, expertise and knowledge to deliver the most advanced neurological and neurosurgical care to patients. These experts come together to offer comprehensive care for epilepsy, stroke, movement disorders, headache, spinal conditions, hearing and balance problems, sleep disorders, neuromuscular disease, pain, neuro-oncology, memory care, neuroimmunology, and sports neurology.Responsibilities Include
- Assesses health status, illness conditions, responses to illness, coping behaviors, environment and health risks of individuals, families, and groups in order to diagnose actual or potential health status or disease state. These assessments are accomplished by taking histories, performing physical examinations, ordering and interpreting laboratory tests/data.
- Primary responsibility to provide follow up care and assist with connections to resources and support that assist patient, families and care partners.
- Demonstrates genuine interest in “brain behavior” relationships and be comfortable with or with learning various modalities for treating the patient care partner dyad, including behavioral modifications and judicious medication management.
- Plans therapeutic interventions jointly with the patient and family to achieve established outcomes. Types of intervention may include health promotion, chronic illness management, or limiting disability. These are accomplished by prompt treatment; direct care; prescription of medication or other therapies; consultation and referral; patient, family and population education; and case management.
- Engages in /collaborates with others in the research process to discover, examine and test knowledge, theories, and creative approaches to practice. Uses research findings as a basis for practice and to improve health care.
- Provides consultation to health care providers and others to influence care plans, enhance ability to provide health care, and affect change in systems.
- Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age-specific patient needs (e.g. Geriatrics.)
- Models quality patient/customer service by: demonstrating a willingness to serve all customers at all times, maintaining an awareness of patient/customer needs and responding to those needs; maintaining confidentiality of all patient information and functioning in a collaborative manner with other care partners to ensure quality patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for self-improvement by identifying, communicating and seeking resources or instruction in a receptive manner to meet self-learning needs. Motivated to generate ideas and evolve current practices to improve efficiency and safety workflows.
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
Extremely competitive salary
Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous Paid-Time Off
Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
Tuition reimbursement program
Team environment with robust staff: less responsibility for room turnover
Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
Graduate of an appropriate accredited Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA) Program.
Current CT APRN or PA license. Federal DEA, and CT Controlled Substance Registration.
The neurologist will be responsible for training and closely supervising the APP. Neurology, Geriatrics and/or Psychiatry experience preferred but not required.
ACLS required. Demonstrated ability to positively interact with medical/nursing staff and other members of multidisciplinary team.
Strong communication skills.
Willingness to learn and demonstrate proficiency in cognitive and behavioral disorders. Interest in research, including clinical trials preferred.
Epic experience is preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.