Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Bone and Joint Institute, Connecticut’s first and only orthopedics hospital, provides innovative musculoskeletal care with a patient-centered approach. Utilizing leading edge technologies like precision MAKOplasty robotic surgery, hip resurfacing, a special Fragility Fracture Program, The Bone and Joint Institute provides an unparalleled network of coordinated services for patients with musculoskeletal disorders and orthopedic injuries.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the new state of the art Bone and Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital.
The first new stand-alone Orthopedic Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years! Our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states. We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience in providing the most innovative musculoskeletal & orthopedic care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence.
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
Hartford HealthCare's Hartford Hospital is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant to join a very enthusiastic team in the Orthopedics unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for various functions including first assisting in the operating room, floor work, and consults. Advanced Practitioners will work in collaboration and with the supervision of Physician and Surgeons.
- First Assist the region’s top Surgeons in our state of the art Operating Room
- Perform and document complete H&Ps. Entering appropriate information and orders into the EMR.
- Perform Emergency Department and inpatient orthopedic consultations
- Order and obtaining necessary diagnostic tests including imaging studies and laboratory tests. Following through on interpretation of results and communicating with the team.
- Pre-operative, and operative responsibilities including 1st and 2nd assisting in the operating room.
- Request consultations from other services, obtain appropriate work up and follow through on recommendations.
- Participate in daily rounds and assist with implementing management plan in collaboration with multidisciplinary team and attending.
- Procedures to include: splinting, reducing fractures/dislocations, aspirations/injections
- Enter, review, and update orders in the EMR to include: PT, OT, Speech, IV therapy, medications, restraints, patient care, and discharge orders.
- Addressing and consulting patient and family member concerns and questions.
- Document patient encounters into the EMR including, but not limited to: admissions, progress, event, procedure or discharge notes.
- Perform procedures as credentialed.
- Provide quality, holistic & cost-effective advance practice care for orthopedic patients.
- Provide inpatient transitional support when needed
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
Extremely competitive salary
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
AGACNP Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner and / or critical care AP experience.
- Experience in Orthopedics is required
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.