DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: L&D Triage and Outpatient Clinic coverage. TBD
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The women’s health / obstetrics and gynecology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant practices in an ambulatory clinic setting located on the Hartford Hospital campus providing routine annual women’s health exams, antenatal / prenatal care, and postpartum care. In addition to clinic based obstetrics and gynaecology care, the advanced practitioner will also practice within labor and delivery (L&D) triage on the L&D floor providing ambulatory care to patients, and assisting in starting the admission process. The advanced practitioner collaborates with other APP’s in addition to attending’s, and residents
Depending on your preference, this opportunity can be either 32, 36, or 38 hours per week.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
- An academic setting fostering continual growth
- A team based culture
- Competitive Compensation
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Nurse Midwife, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant Master’s program
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Certified Nurse Midwife, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner (WHNP), or Physician Assistant (PA)
- 1-2 years of women’s health or OB/GYN experience highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.