Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare’s Heart & Vascular Institute's Vascular Surgery Department leads the state in advancing the medical and surgical/endovascular treatment of cerebrovascular disease, which affects blood vessels and, in particular, the arteries that supply blood to the brain.
Advanced Practice Leader Role Scope:
- Compiling team scheduling to meet the needs of the department/service
- Provide Kronos data input for the team
- Assisting the AP manager in determining suitability for team member utilization of Choice Time and CME excused time
- Determining ongoing staff education needs and assist in the planning/coordination of educational programs to meet these needs
- Assist the AP manager / Medical Director in ensuring compliance with mandatory staff training and documentation
- Assist the AP manager / Medical Director with ensuring staff compliance with medical staff and Department of Surgery credentialing requirements
- Assist in determining the educational needs of nursing staff in the various units who care for general surgery patients and work with the nurse managers to implement such teaching
- Serve as a liaison between nurse managers and the AP manager and the Advanced Practitioner Physician Director to identify individual floor concerns, issues, and needs
- Where appropriate and necessary, serve on floor/hospital-wide committees to help promote patient safety, enhanced patient care, and other balanced scorecard initiatives
- Participate in the development of service-based competency training and credentialing of new advanced practitioner hires
- Assist the AP manager in identifying and assisting him/her in the handling of minor personnel matters
Hartford HealthCare Advanced Practitioners Enjoy:
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners