Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Hartford HealthCare Ayer Neuroscience Institute
Hartford HealthCare is Connecticut’s most comprehensive health care network, including a tertiary-care teaching hospital and level one trauma center, five community-based acute-care hospitals, an extensive behavioral health network, large multi-specialty physician group, regional home care system, an array of senior care services, and a vast rehabilitation network. The Ayer Neuroscience Institute brings together a highly specialized and dedicated team with the skills, expertise and knowledge to deliver the most advanced neurological and neurosurgical care to patients. These experts come together to offer comprehensive care for epilepsy, stroke, movement disorders, headache, spinal conditions, hearing and balance problems, sleep disorders, neuromuscular disease, pain, and neuro-oncology.
Epilepsy Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The Epilepsy Advanced Practitioner will provide inpatient and outpatient care for people with epilepsy. The core duties will include managing patients admitted to the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit where we observe their seizures in order to provide them with the most appropriate care for achieving seizure control. Providing services in the outpatient clinic will also be a key aspect of the job, with oversight from the epileptologist team. Managing patients admitted electively to the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU).
The Advanced Practitioner will be working closely with attending physician, nurses, EEG technologists, epilepsy psychologist, and other clinical staff to provide outstanding, personalized, coordinated care to every patient. Working with epilepsy program coordinator and epilepsy attendings to ensure patients achieve appropriate presurgical evaluation for potentially curative epilepsy surgery. This includes case presentations at multi-disciplinary Refractory Epilepsy Conference, and assisting with complex inpatient procedures such as Wada tests and Ictal SPECT imaging. Managing outpatients in continuity clinic with oversight from epilepsy attendings.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Thorough on-boarding with supportive mentorship
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant, or National Board Certification as an Acute Care Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC
- Inpatient health care experience preferred
- Neurology experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.