A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- 267 bed not for profit hospital
- Established team with 16 physicians, 2 nurse practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No procedures required
- Closed ICU
- ED runs codes
- Access SoundInstitute learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- This position is open only to nurse practitioners
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WA. Not open to new grads - a minimum of one year of recent acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Situated between the majestic Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges and sitting directly across Puget Sound from Seattle, this is the gateway to the spectacular Olympic Peninsula. An awe-inspiring 236 miles of shoreline provides an area rich with outdoor recreational opportunities such as boating, fishing, sailing and water skiing, snow skiing, golf, or whatever you can imagine.