How you move is why we’re here.
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by . As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the ente
Nurse Practitioner - Cast Room
An Advanced Practice Nurse working with designated HSS physician(s) providing for and facilitating outcomes of care for the defined patient population. Applies the nursing process and synthesizes clinical findings that result in optimal goal achievement throughout the continuum of care. Integrates theory, research, and critical thinking in the delivery of care to patients/families and serves as a resource in complex patient and family situations. Position may include the diagnosis of illness and physical conditions and the performance of therapeutic and corrective measures within a specialty area of practice, in collaboration with a licensed physician qualified to collaborate in the specialty involved, provided such services are performed in accordance with a written practice agreement and written practice protocols. Prescriptions for drugs, devices, and immunizing agents may be issued in accordance with the practice agreement and practice protocols.
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions
- Ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays
- Prescribing medications and other treatments
- Managing patients' overall care
- Educating patients on disease prevention and positive health and lifestyle choices
- master’s or doctoral degree from an accredited school of nursing
- licensure as an NP and RN in the state of NY
- board certification as an FNP required
- CPR certification: BLS
- three (3)+ years of related experience as an NP in an inpatient setting preferred
- experience with an EMR (preferably Epic)
- experience casting preferred