Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
1. Assesses the healthstatus of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history andphysical examination.
2. Providespre-, intra- and post-op counseling on care and recovery process for invasiveprocedures.
3. Initiates and orders selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures,consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes medication regimens,interprets findings and alters plan of care according to accepted standards ofcare and practice guidelines
4. Educates and counsels in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, diseaseprevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
5. Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
6. Consults with physician according to established standards, policies,procedures, and protocols.
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based onphysical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriateto the age of the patients served in assigned area.
8. Initiates referrals to specialty services and fosters continuity of care.
9. Participates in team meetings and conferences to enhance aninterdisciplinary approach to care delivery.
10. Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management ofinformation.
11. Develops the plan of care based on the diagnoses and individual patientneeds:
Records, reports, and interprets theclient’s responses to the plan of care.
12. Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in atimely fashion but not less than every three months if utilizing acollaborative practice agreement.
13. Completes the Focused Professional Practice Proctoring Evaluation (FPPE) orthe Ongoing Professional Practice Proctoring Evaluation (OPPE) as required byMedical Staff for continued credentialing status.
14. Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to the rules andregulations of the Medical Staff and the bylaws of the Hospital Staff.
1. Licensure: New York State License with current registration as a registerednurse.
2. State Certification: Certified by the New York State Department of Educationas a Nurse Practitioner with current registration as follows:
a. Is a graduate of New York State registered Nurse Practitioner Program orequivalent OR is certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a national associationvia examination.
b. Has completed a pharmacy component of not less than the required semesterhours or the equivalent AND has been instructed in New York State and FederalLaws relating to prescriptions and recordkeeping (3-hour course).
c. Has a Collaborative Practice Agreement with a physician and designatedprotocols if less than 3600 hours experience as a practicing Nurse Practitioner.
At least two years of nursing experience in area of specialty practice appliedfor. Nurse Practitioner experience of at least one year preferred.
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and Basic Life Support (BLS)certification
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), required
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-Long Island City