Under physician supervision, the Nurse Practitioner provides patient care to adults by assessing physical and psychosocial conditions, such as acute or chronic illness or injuries, and providing medical consultation and treatment under physician supervision. The care delivered will be based on theoretical principals and scientific knowledge and within the scope of the California Nurse Practice Act.
- Obtains problem oriented patient history and documents findings in the patient medical record and in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs physical and psychosocial assessments and documents findings in the patient medical record.
- Diagnoses and treats medical problems including patient education, counseling, medication advice and follow-up instructions with referral when necessary to supervising physician and specialist.
Master’s degree in Nursing.
Current California RN license
Current California Nurse Practitioner certificate
Furnishing and DEA numbers (maybe required)
ACLS and BLS current
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to work with individuals of diverse background and experience to create an effective working climate.
Minimum of five (5) years of RN experience
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Vacation/paid time off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement