The NP, Clinical Coordinator in the Heart Institute is a professional nurse who possesses a high degree of knowledge in cardiovascular nursing, including but not limited to: Interventional Cardiology (IC), Structural Heart (SH), & Electrophysiology (EP). The NP will collaborate with the interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic surgeon�s cardiac anesthesiologists, and staff that are part of the cardiovascular team. The NP is a leader in coordinating resources to facilitate the achievement of optimum health and wellness for each patient. Continuity is maintained across the continuum of care in all settings. The advanced knowledge and skills required for this role include clinical expertise in the specialty focus area, evidence-based practice, mentoring, consultation, collaboration, education, and transformational/change leadership; essential to providing excellent patient management.
- Minimum 3 years� experience as an RN/NP in an adult acute care cardiology setting
- Clinical Coordinator experience preferred
- Experience in quality improvement theory, change theory, adult learning principles, and team building
- Previous experience in the development of evidence based clinical protocols
- Knowledgeable of current research and strength in translating research into everyday practice
- Previous experience in program development
- Knowledge of quality measures and previous participation in quality improvement projects
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Valid California License as a Nurse Practitioner
- Valid Furnishing License
- Valid DEA License-preferred
- Board certification in area of specialty by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nursing Credentialing Center.
- A current certification from the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- A current certification from the American Heart Association in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage as required by the Medical Staff Bylaws.