Kindred Hospice, part of the Kindred at Home family of hospice, home health, palliative, and community care providers, focuses on clinical excellence with compassion and dignity. Our company culture centers around humility, servant leadership, empathy, and innovation while we serve as a leader in the home care industry. Our people and our patient care allow us to make a difference when life matters most. We are passionate about what we do because our care matters.
We’re looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team.
You will report directly to the Executive Director or Administrator. You will be responsible for conducting face-to-face visits to assure that continued medical eligibility of the hospice patient.
- Assesses physical and psychosocial status of assigned patients as outlined by Nursing Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepares and Provides accurate documentation of the visit in a timely manner
- Provides medical care as needed and with the scope of practice of the Nurse Practitioner
- Actively participates in the coordination of the patient’s hospice care
- May be asked to perform routine visits to patient homes and/or participate in the on-call nursing schedule
- Master’s or higher degree in Nursing or related field with primary focus on Nursing (licensed in the state of requested employment)
- Completion of graduate level nurse practitioner education program accredited by a national accrediting body and documentation of certification by a national credentialing body
- Must be able to effectively operate nursing assessment tools and office equipment to include, computer and or tablet
- Sensitivity to feeling of the terminally ill and their families before and after patient’s death
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with understanding of the hospice concept
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO
- Opportunity to Participate In a Fleet Program
- Competitive Salaries
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- Employee must meet minimum requirements to be eligible for benefits
- Where applicable, employee must meet state specific requirements
- We are proud to be an EEO employer
- We maintain a drug-free workplace