Nurse Practitioner / Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s health, wellness, and safety objectives through the day to day performance and/or coordination of health and medically related activity. This includes, but is not limited to, the performance, supervision, and/or coordination of pre-placement evaluations, work and non-work related illness/injury/disability assessments and treatment, surveillance exams, fitness for duty evaluations, and drug and alcohol testing. The successful candidate will lead, organize, and provide medical activity and programs with your medical team to achieve the department's service objectives cooperatively with management and Corporate Health Services and Medical Directors.
Salary: 120K annual
Benefits: Full benefits package including health, 401K, PTO, ETC
Hours: Day Shift
Relocation: Temporary Living and Moving Expenses
• Perform and document physical exams that include obtaining vital signs, phlebotomy, vision screening, audiograms, spirometry, EKGs, and drug screening related activities associated with pre-placement screening, surveillance examinations, fitness for duty evaluation, return to work evaluations, and disability evaluations.
• As clinically appropriate provide treatment of minor illness and injuries to include irrigation, cleansing and dressing of wounds and burns, removal of foreign bodies, minor procedures such as administering local anesthetics, suture wounds, assess and treat minor eye injuries and document the resulting case record.
• Coordinate, communicate, and manage health care to include the supervising physician, community EMS/911, corporate medical directors, and as appropriate local and corporate management.
• Evaluation, treatment and provision of care of non-occupational related illness and injury when appropriate.
• Provide emergency care at the BLS level.
• Participate professionally and with regard to privacy requirements for business needs with appropriate company managers regarding Workers’ Compensation, MSHA, Disability Determinations, and Fitness for Duty.
• Provide clinical and organizational leadership for special programs including, but not limited to, seasonal influenza campaign, blood collection drives and health/wellness fairs.
• 3 years of applicable experience (i.e. occupational medicine, emergency medicine, urgent care, family practice, sports medicine, general surgery)
• Current CRNP (Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner) license in the State of Minnesota
• Certified in BLS
- Previous work in occupational health or applicable clinical experience (family practice, emergency medicine, sports medicine, general surgery)
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation law
- Training in a NIOSH approved program for audiometric testing and spirometry
- Certified Commercial Driver Exams (DOT)