Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - Family part-time job in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
The Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - Family job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Dedication Program Manager to support your employment
Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - Family Job Overview:
- Provide a full range of outcome-based nurse practitioner services in accordance with privileges
- Supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems
- Provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients for patients from birth through 17 years of age.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide evidenced-based educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Diagnose and treat patients with common acute conditions, chronic illnesses, or minor trauma within accepted protocols.
- Properly determines the need for radiological examinations, laboratory tests, mental health screening tools, point-of-services screening tools (e.g. electrocardiogram), and routine developmental screening tests and provides an accurate interpretation of these results.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual child physicals, infant well exams, athletic pre-participation exams, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Recognize conditions that require isolation and ensure universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
- Properly use a variety of computer based programs to access patient medical and immunization records, communicate with patients/parents using secured messaging programs, and complete medical documentation in a timely manner as prescribed by the institution.
- Appropriately recognizes acute and chronic conditions that require emergency intervention or specialty evaluation and makes appropriate referrals for those services.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement and safety.
Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - Family Job Qualifications:
- Computer Competency
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from an academic program, within the nursing specialty field of study that is accredited by a regional or national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB).
- FNP certification
- Demonstrated clinical competency within the past two years in comparable setting
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse.
Contract position with a Spring 2019 start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encourage to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.0