Vighter Medical Group is seeking a Full Time Nurse Practitioner supporting the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) Division of Children's Services/Unaccompanied Children's program providing unaccompanied children with a safe and appropriate environment until they are released to an appropriate sponsor while their immigration cases proceed.
Medical Services Program Manager
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for complete medical screening for each child within 48-hours of arrival to the medical facility. Nurse Practitioner will refer children, as needed, to hospital or medical specialists. Nurse Practitioner will maintain the UC case file and ORR Database in accordance with ORR policies and procedures. NP must demonstrate Spanish language proficiency. NP must complete criminal background check, urine drug testing, and Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) background check.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be proficient in both English and Spanish
- Must have exceptional clinical skill and ability
Experience & Education:
- Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant school.
- Unrestricted license in the state of service
- Physician Assistant (PA) or a Nurse Practitioner (NP) must be bilingual in Spanish and English. (Read, Write, Speak)
- 3 years of experience in pediatrics or adolescent medicine.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer skills, especially Microsoft Office products.
- Current national certification in specialty area such as NCCPA, AANP, or ANCC.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and carry up to 10ft.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders.
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.