At Specialty Spine & Pain, now an affiliate of National Spine & Pain Centers (NSPC), our platform of success is composed of a history of excellence, recognized distinction, groundbreaking treatment options, convenient locations, and long-term results.
We currently are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to support our team in Gainesville, New Holland, Buford, and Braselton. As a member of our award winning staff, this position will perform patient assessments and medication management in conjunction with out-patient, procedural-based plans of care.
Working under the guidance of the physician, this role will:
- Obtain patient medical history and conduct physical examinations for patients assigned by the supervising physician.
- Conduct follow-up visits independently and consistent with the organization’s Incident II guidelines.
- Update patient records while verifying accuracy during each patient appointment.
- Analyze test data to determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options.
- Develop medical care plans under physician supervision, including recommending treatment options and periodically assessing patient medical needs and responses to treatments.
- Deliver quality care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to productivity.
- Serve as a resource and educator for patients by providing ongoing care information, counseling, and guidance.
- Provide support in the event of a medical emergency, including following all drug protocols, administering first aid, and using emergency equipment effectively.
- Ensure a safe and clean clinical environment by adhering to all infection control regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Comply with and uphold all legal and professional requirements by maintaining all applicable licensure, studying existing/new legislation, anticipating future changes, and advising management of any needed actions.
- Perform some administrative duties, as needed, including but not limited to maintaining logs and assisting with the preparation of patient paperwork.
- Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations, the NSPC Code of Conduct, the NSPC Employee Handbook, compliance policies and procedures, and applicable healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws.
- Understand, comply with, and enforce all NSPC policies, procedures, codes of conduct, and OSHA and HIPAA privacy rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We require the following for all Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner applicants:
- An active and valid practitioner license.
- A completed Master's Degree from an accredited graduate school program AND current AANPCP certification.
- Possession of, or eligibility to be granted, a valid license, DEA, and NPI in the state of practice.
- Current CPR, BLS, and ACLS certifications.
- Excellent patient care skills and awareness of the legal implications of work and words in healthcare
- Knowledge of business/healthcare operations and standards of best practice, preferably those related to a specialty care provider.
- Knowledge of EMR and/or Electronic Practice Management systems and technologies, preferably Centricity and Modernizing Medicine.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- The capacity to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness and proactivity.
- Excellent organizational/multi-tasking skills with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service at all times by communicating effectively and professionally with a diverse population.
- Authorization to work in the United States without requiring authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Completion of satisfactory background check inclusive of driving records, criminal records, employment references, education, social security and OIG exclusions.
NSPC offers competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision insurance options, life insurance plans, employer-matched 401(k), holidays and paid time off.
The Nurse Practitioner also is eligible for quarterly production bonuses based on patient volumes!
We encourage all prospective candidates to learn more about NSPC by viewing our website at http://www.treatingpain.com.
If you would like to join our team, please apply clicking the “START YOUR APPLICATION” button located above/below this description. Please note that incomplete submissions will NOT be considered, and we are not able to respond to telephone requests for information related to our openings.
National Spine & Pain Centers is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.