Nurse Practitioner –Hematology Oncology – Full Time – Days
Locations: New York,New York
Categories: Nursing - AdvancePractice/Nurse Practitioner/CRNA
Ground breakingscience.Advancing medicine.Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem
Ensures delivery ofcomprehensive health care in accordance with the philosophy, standard ofpractice, objectives and policies of the department
- Responsible for diagnosis and treatment of common and chronic illness focusing on health promotion and disease prevention activities including patient education and counseling
- Conducts health assessment interview
- Performs complete physical assessment
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Develops plan of care based on the diagnosis and individual client needs
- Prescribes medications and treatments as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated
- Records, reports and interprets the client’s responses to the plan of care
- Teaches, counsels, and assists individuals and families to assume responsibility for prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Collaborates with other members of the team in the provision of regular health screening and other health promotion measures
- Identifies available community resources helpful to clients, refers and assists clients in utilizing such resources
- Makes home/hospital visits to clients and/or takes call as appropriate
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Nursing required. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- At least two years of nursing experience in related clinical specialty.
- Nurse Practitioner experience of a least one year preferred.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn Schoolof Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, includingMount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount SinaiHospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount SinaiRoosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of MountSinai.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect forindividual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feelvalued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-New York