$2,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Serving millions ofMedicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health andwellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Groupfamily of businesses. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners whoare eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work everyday. Join us and you’ll discover a chance to build meaningful relationshipswith the patients, their families and the health care providers who areresponsible for their care.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members, including past medical history, review of symptoms, physical examination, medication review and depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
Since this positioninvolves in-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and extensive travelwill be required. You should also be comfortable working with geriatricpatients who have a variety of health complications.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in anenvironment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what ittakes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other rolesyou may be interested in.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric or Family
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
Transforming health careand millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and thepassion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system oftomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation andchange. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more fromourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspiredindividuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that worksbetter for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforceour team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and yourpassion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge.We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is anEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace.Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, House Calls, Per Assessment,Trumbull, OH, Ohio