*$2500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL HIRES*
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you’ll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members, including past medical history, review of symptoms, physical examination, medication review and depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
Since this position involves in-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and extensive travel will be required. You should also be comfortable working with geriatric patients who have a variety of health complications.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric or Family
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
Transforming health care and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Advanced Practice Clinicians
BusinessSegment: ECS - Care Services
Division: Optum HouseCalls Practitioners
DeliveryModel: Platinum Plus
Shift: Day Job