This position requires travel to multiple states in the Southeast Region, including - AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN
We’re fast becoming the nation’slargest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professionalenvironment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives ofpatients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but theefforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’slargest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of theUnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitionerswho bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a businessprofessional – take this opportunity and apply. It’s the first step in a newcareer that will enable you to do your life’s best work.(sm)
How about an added bonus of help with paying down your student loans? NursePractitioners hired into Traveler roles are eligible to receive a sign on bonusOR a reduced sign-on bonus plus three years of student loan repaymentassistance through our Student Loan Repayment (SLR) program. Thiscould mean up to an additional $40K in benefits to you as well as theopportunity to pay down your student loan faster!
In this role, you will conductin-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members, Communityand State and several other plans. The Traveler Nurse Practitionerassignments will be defined based on current business needs.
- Travel up to 100%
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge, judgment and current findings
- Communicate gaps in care to member’s PCP
- Identify referral needs
- Identify urgent and emergent situations for proper intervention
- Educate members on topics related to health conditions and promotion
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
You’llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- FNP, GNP, ANP, board certified or eligible with an active, unencumbered licensure free any open / unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice
- Must be able to travel by public transportation (eg. Trains, Airplanes, Subways, Ferry, etc.)
- Must have the ability to travel to member’s visit location
- Must be able to travel to assigned locations
- Proficient with electronic medical records and the internet
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of care and up and down stairs as needed
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting
- Home Health Care or Nursing Home experience
- Strong communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Detailed oriented; dependable and reliable
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around onegiant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes tohow we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, orguide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions,our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings togethersome of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has togo in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on highperformance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredibleideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life'sbest work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus and/or Loan Repayment is available toexternal candidates. Candidates who are currently working for aUnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, parttime, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive aSign On Bonus or Loan Repayment unless they are newly moving to this roleTraveling Nurse Practitioner.
Alsoeligible for the pilot will be current Nurse Practitioners and PhysicianAssistants who newly transfer into one of the open traveler roles
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to passa drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner House Calls Regional Traveler (Southeast) Sign On Bonus and Loan Repayment Options Available for External Candidates and Eligible Employees, Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Home Health, Primary Care, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse, Practitioner, NP, FNP, GNP, ANP, Family Nurse Practitioner, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Electronic Medical Records, EMR, Tampa, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, FL, GA, NC, SC, Southeast