Nurse Practitioner Traveler House Calls Sign On Bonus andLoan Repayment for External Candidates and Eligible Employees
This is a Dual Statewide Traveler position whichrequires travel throughout the states of Minnesota and South Dakota.
We’re fastbecoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering asuperior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make adifference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to ourmodel’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our NursePractitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’slargest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of theUnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitionerswho bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a businessprofessional - take this opportunity and apply. It’s the first step in a newcareer that will enable you to do your life’s best work.(sm)
How about an added bonus of help with paying down your student loans? NursePractitioners hired into Traveler roles are eligible to receive a sign on bonusOR a reduced sign-on bonus plus three years of student loan repayment assistancethrough our Student Loan Repayment (SLR) program. This could meanup to an additional $40K in benefits to you as well as the opportunity to paydown your student loan faster!
In this role, youwill conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members,Community and State and several other plans. The Traveler NursePractitioner assignments will be defined based on current business needs.
- Travel up to 100%
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management andactive medical management
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditionsusing clinical knowledge, judgment and current findings
- Communicate gaps in care to member’s PCP
- Identify referral needs
- Identify urgent and emergent situations for properintervention
- Educate members on topics related to health conditionsand promotion
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintainsecurity of protected health information (PHI)
- FNP, GNP, ANP, board certified or eligible with an active, unencumbered licensure free any open / unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice
- Proficient with electronic medical records and the internet
- Ability to travel by public transportation (eg. Trains, Airplanes, Subways, Ferry, etc.)
- Ability to travel to member’s visit location
- Ability to travel to assigned locations
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of care and up and down stairs as needed
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting
- Home Health Care or Nursing Home experience
- Strong communication skills with the geriatric orMedicare population
- Detailed oriented; dependable and reliable
Careers withOptum. Here's the idea.We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health carework better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's largeaccumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestylechoices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leapbeyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of theUnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatestminds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reachits fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teamsagainst sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in oneincredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus and/or LoanRepayment is available to external candidates. Candidates who arecurrently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a relatedentity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) arenot eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus or Loan Repayment unless they are newlymoving to this role Traveling Nurse Practitioner.
Also eligible for the pilot will becurrent Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who newly transfer intoone of the open traveler roles
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Actionemployer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protectedveteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to passa drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Home Health, PrimaryCare, Minneapolis, Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Duluth, Minnesota, South Dakota